A unique DHA-rich combination of fish oil and evening primrose oil providing the important nutrients DHA, AA and GLA, which play a vital role in eye and brain function, both in the early years of our development and throughout our adult lives.
Efalex is available as:
- 60 or 240-capsules – clear oblong soft gelatine capsules
- 150ml or 300ml liquid – lemon & lime flavour
- These products are free from sugar, corn starch, yeast, milk derivatives, artificial colours, flavours and preservatives
- 30 Efalex Chewies capsules – Flavoured chewable capsules ideal for children of all ages. (not available in the UK)
- With Vitamin E
Suggested daily intake
Adults and children aged 5 years and over:
8 x capsules or 4 x 5ml teaspoons of liquid every day for the first twelve weeks to help optimise the body’s stores of essential fatty acids, then 4 x capsules or 2 x 5ml teaspoons of liquid daily thereafter.
Children 2- 5 years:
Up to 4-8 x capsules or 2 x 5ml teaspoons of liquid every day for the first twelve weeks to help optimise the body’s stores of essential fatty acids, then 2-4 x capsules or 1 x 5ml teaspoons of liquid daily thereafter.
The amounts should be doubled for the first 12 weeks.
|Nutrition Information||Per 2 Capsules||% RDA*||Per 5ml|
|Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)||130mg||**||140mg|
|Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA)||35mg||**||32mg|
|Arachidonic Acid (AA)||10mg||**||11mg|
|Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA)||25mg||**||24mg|
* EC Recommended Daily Allowance
** No RDA Established
Capsule: Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil, DHA-rich Fish Oil, capsule shell (gelatin, glycerine), flavouring (Thyme oil), Vitamin E (as dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate)
Liquid: Sunflower oil, DHA-rich Fish Oil, Efamol Pure Evening Primrose Oil,,lemon oil, Vitamin E (as dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate), lime flavour, thyme oil
Efalex is specially formulated to:
- Support all aspects of brain and eye function
- Supplement the intake of long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPs) needed for healthy brain and visual development, including learning ability, concentration and co-ordination
- Supply DHA and AA – important building blocks of the brain, nervous system and eye
- Provide EPA & GLA – needed in the transmission of messages between nerves.
Helps support all aspects of brain and eye function
Scientific studies have indicated that three fatty acids found in Efalex – arachidonic acid (AA), gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) – play an important role in the development and function of our eyes and brains. A healthy supply of these good fats can help with learning ability, concentration and co-ordination and may assist in conditions such as night blindness.